Thursday, August 5, 2021

Terrible Horrible Very Bad Day

 I had a bad day yesterday and didn't even post. I couldn't even stitch because of the pain. I should have just stayed in bed all day. But as Sister Anthonita says, tomorrow is another day. She was one of our teachers in Montessori training. Many of the things she taught us have resonated with me. That's what you tell a disappointed child who didn't get a chance to be chosen or do something they wanted, tomorrow is another day. And indeed, this is my tomorrow and I am better today. Thank goodness!

I got the Jane Zimmerman book I had eagerly awaited. It is a big thick well done book. It has a lot in it.




 Unfortunately it does not have the sampler pattern I was looking for. So on to Plan B. I have a photo of the sampler. I tried drawing it. Not very good. So I tried printing out the photo.



I'd like the photo to be about an inch bigger. But I have to figure out how to do that first. 


There is a very similar design in the book. But it needs to be just a bit smaller to use as a pattern. I've spent too much time trolling Pinterest in search of a similar pattern. 

This is a project I did on my last tour. I dug it out of my curio to see if I think it is the right size of gold scroll. It would be easy to do a reverse chain stitch in the scroll. A bit more challenging to do the plaited chain stitch. But I have Jaqui Carey's book to go from. 


How did I do that edge? I don't remember but I bet it is in Jacqui's book too. I like the use of three colors woven.

I have to think about my next step. I also have to remember that I can take out what may not work. Or I may surprise myself ii all turns out!

A





2 comments:

  1. Sorry you were feeling bad, glad you are better today.
    It's a beautiful book.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amy, I am very sorry you were not feeling well, but am very glad to hear you're better and getting after it, like always!! (I'm behind in my blogs so this is a late post ;)

    ReplyDelete