Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Fanciful Story

 This is the Fanciful Story project by Rachael Kinnison.  I got the back motif done.  Well, it isn't really done there is a weaving of the ladder rungs with gold thread yet to do. I haven't exactly mastered that technique. I tried it on a couple of rungs and it doesn't look like a pattern. 



I wasn't sure about entirely covering the background with spangles and beads so I'm trying just scattering them to see how that looks.


Next I need to stitch the front.  Hopefully I can improve on how I did the back. This is a challenging project with new stitches and new threads. I'm learning as I go along.

A

2 comments:

  1. Challenging is putting it lightly. Just reading the instructions would confuse me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commend you on stitching all of that gold!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete