Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pins

I got the next part of The Folio from Needle in a Haystack yesterday.

Still waiting for my Drawn Thread order.  So what did I work on?  I started on the Quaker Bag.
Yes, Grace, I changed the linen to star sapphire.  I also changed some of the floss colors too.  I'm not a green person.  I took out where I was off and put it back in.  Then I realized I have even more frogging to do of over one stitching. The whole left side of that green motif is wrong.   ARGH.  So I put it down.

I went looking for the first part of the Folio.

 I decided I wanted to change the linen to sandstone.  Inside the Folio kit was a little pin disk kit that came with it.  I started stitching it. It is so much harder to stitch on dark linen.  I changed a few things.

 I got it all stitched so now I have to put it together.
Then I started the scissors fob that is in part two of the Folio.  It was quick to stitch (even during Dancing with the Stars!).

I am whip stitching the edges together.  It has lace along the top and some twisted cording.  I can finish it today.  Maybe I'll start the pin pouch of part two.  It looks interesting.
I started reading a good book.  It is The Goldfinch.  I tried starting it a while back but couldn't get into it.  This time I read further and now I'm hooked.  I want to find out what happens.
A

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, thanks for sharing the pic of my necklace again. It makes me so happy to see you sharing it on your blog. I'm off to Neede in a Haystack to pic up the second part of the folio project tomorrow. I hadn't seen a picture of it yet and now I'm really excited. I'm putting the bag together this week so I am keeping up. I saw your post of the owl and the pussycat piece and I would love to do it but I am nervous about the white work. When you start it let us all know how it goes. Your friend, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the most interesting projects. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete