Thursday, June 27, 2013

Tail Spin, I mean, Tail Fin

I am so proud of myself because I finished the mermaid's tail fin.  It's not perfect and I had to fudge here and there.  Evidently I stitch tighter than Amy Mitten because I had space left when the fin had all the rows in.  So I added a row to make up.  Anyway, here it is in all it's glory:


If I were to do this again I would know what to be careful of and read the directions more carefully.  I really would like to try it again and get it better but I would have to scrounge up the materials.  I imagine we will do  something with the loops at the top.

Next is the mermaids ruffle around her waist.  More scary stuff!  Pearl Purl (?) is called for.  A new stitch is used that doesn't look easy.

I finished the Just Nan Humbug.  Cute!  I think it looks even better than the picture on the pattern.  The colors are brighter.  I think it is a little bit bigger than other humbugs from Just Nan that I have made.  It was fun and went together well.  I only stitched in one mouse, that was enough for me.



I am working on the cartouches of the main body of Needleworker's Pocketbook.  I hope to finish the main body today.  It seems just a bit weird to put someone else's name on this.  I guess since this is a reproduction of a real antique sampler that you should be true to the design and put the original stitcher's name on it.  This is Ann Wade's sampler.  She has the same initials as I do.

We put together a box for Claire yesterday.  What fun to buy little kid books and toys.  What fun it is to have a granddaughter.  She climbed up on the table when mommy wasn't looking!

July is fast approaching!  Next Thursday is the 4th of July.  How can that be?
A

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That tailfin looks small. Are those knitting needles that you used?

    And love the stitching on the humbug. It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete