Friday, June 28, 2013

Ruffle My Feathers

I attempted the scary yesterday and started the ruffle that will go around my mermaid's waist.  I've got the stretching out of the Pearl Purl and the couching down.  No problem.  Then there is that new stitch, the Antwerp Stitch.  It's kind of a double buttonhole.  I think it was called for on the Threadwinder holder but I never really "got it".  So I tried again, read the directions and tried it.  I'm pretty happy with how it is going.  But things started to go south and I put it down.  It makes a knot that I don't know if I can take out.  I have a couple of stitches that are too big and I want to redo them.  So I'm going to try and take them out.  If they won't come out, I may cut the thread and restart.

I put in one and a half cartouches.  I had to frog a bit as the center cartouche is one stitch smaller than the outer two.  There are a lot of eyelet stitches that fill in between the cartouches.  UGH.  But when I finish those, the main body of the Needleworker's Pocketbook will be done.

I can hardly believe it is Friday again already.  We get a new lesson in Cabinet of Curiosities on Monday.  In a week, I go see Son#1 for a few days.  July is just going to whiz by.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment