Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Bee Happy

I finished off Lady Catherine's Slipper.  I am happy with it.  If you haven't done it, do not transfer the outside edge line.  Mine shows a bit on one side.  I knew I shouldn't have transferred it.  It was good to get some experience working with the #9 gold thread.

I picked up a Just Nan kit that was on my sewing room floor.  I get the automatic from Silver Needle for Just Nan's smalls this year.  I made the bunny and gave it to Claire.  This is the bee.  It is nice to do something quick and easy after the impressionist's painting project.  I am putting on the beads.  I have to backstitch around the edge and I can put this baby together.

Just as I was looking up the finishing instructions for the slipper, I got notification that the next three lessons for Mermaid's Treasures was up.  So when I feel brave I can do the grotto rocks for the mirror.  It doesn't look too hard but it involves the trellis stitch.  So we'll see how it goes.

I only got in about 800 steps yesterday waiting for my calf to heal.  Today I went to exercise class and walked a mile.  I am over 8200 so far.  Big improvement!  I'm so glad I can get back to walking.
A

1 comment:

  1. The slipper turned out nice, and the Impressionist painting slao.
    Can't wait to see the Bee put together.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete