Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving Wednesday

This is a busy day.  It was a chilly walk at 27 degrees.  No stitching yet today.  But there is hope of stitching later this afternoon.
I am done with the baby gift.  Maria correctly guessed the name: Audrey!

  So now I need to finish it off into a pillow.  I scrounged through my stash and couldn't find any purple fabrics. The yellow ones didn't do it for me.

So I went to the fabric store and found two that would do:

I hope to sew this together today.

When I was at the fabric store I looked at the quilting supplies to get ideas for quilting the Merry Cox sewing purse.  I am basically lazy and I found some help.  I bought a piece of this interfacing with one inch squares on an angle.  I made a copy of the grid using my printer so I could just sew on the paper lines and tear the paper away.  It worked!  The purse is all quilted and sewn together.


There is a thread winder holder that goes inside the flap and ribbon that will tie it closed yet to attach.  Close but no cigar.

I'm having lunch with friends today.  It will be fun to catch up with them.
A


1 comment:

  1. Audrey is so pretty, can't wait to see the finish.
    The sewing pouch turned out pretty.
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete