Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Cottage Conservatory Progress

I have been having so much fun stitching on Cottage Conservatory.
This is the pattern that we were given:

I saw this window that gave me the idea to add stained glass to the windows:

So I have altered the background windows to be able to add an overdyed floss (Gloriana Tulip Festival) between the leaded glass lines.

It was a risk.  Would I like it?  Would it look weird?  Well, I decided I like it.

I love the sunflowers too.  But when the flap of the envelope is down, you don't see the sunflowers.  Hmmm.  I had an idea.  How about if I stitch the sunflowers on the flap like they are behind the windows.  You could also stitch them over the windows but I think it is clever to put them behind.

I really love how this is turning out.  Isn't it pretty?
A

4 comments:

  1. Yes it is more than just pretty and you have personalised it to your liking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of Cottage Conservatory and your "amendments" have really made it your own. Well done

    ReplyDelete