Tuesday, November 26, 2013

So Far

I didn't post yesterday because we were getting some new windows installed.  This is the computer room's new window:


Which now presents the problem of window treatments.  I think we are going to go with blinds.  Then the problem is should we mount them inside the window or above the window.  I have to do some research.

So, how am I doing on the UnPlayed Piano?  Well, I've made good progress.

 Two things are left to do:  sewing the bottom platform onto the piano and the inside tool tray.
I put some twisted cording around the bottom which hides the seam.
I am happy that the scrim now fits the tray.  I didn't use ribbon to attach the scrim.



The piano almost closes.

 Oh, yes, I have to put a button and hedebo stitch to close the etui.  I tacked down the lining in about 5 places.

If I were redesigning this piece, I would start with a lot of backstitching around all of the edges.  Then it would be easy to whip it together and you would know where to bend it.

I got good mail yesterday.  I signed up for the Shining Needle Society class with Barbara Jackson.  I did her ornament last year.  This year I am only getting the chart, not the kit.  So I went scrounging around for leftover threads from Barbara Jackson classes that I have taken.  When the chart came in the mail, I had to just try a few stitches.  It is done on 40 count.  I got a good start.  So far:

There is an aroma of prunes in my house as I get ready to make prune bread, a traditional favorite of mine with my grandmother's recipe.
A

1 comment: